“For those who are according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh, but those who are according to the Spirit, the things of the Spirit. For the mind set on the flesh is death, but the mind set on the Spirit is life and peace…” Romans 8:5-6
God’s economy is always amazing! We are to renew our minds, but once they are renewed, they only desire the things of the Spirit which in turn keeps them renewed! In other words, when we choose to put the Word of God and godly thoughts in our minds, then our minds begin to desire those thngs and the lure of wordly and ungodly things leaves us! We will no more desire the things of the world! So how do you know when you mind has been renewed? When you desire Godly input!
So take this test:
1. When you wake up in the morning are your first thoughts of God?
2. Do you wake up with praise and worship on your lips?
3. Do you seek to read God’s word and allow Him to strategize your day for you?
4. Are you trusting God with all the to do’s or are you anxious about the day?
5. When you see something beautiful in nature are you quick to praise God for His creation?
6. Are you words honoring to God?
7. Do you desire to be with people that talk about God and His Word?
8. When you see sex and violence on tv or in a movie, do you want to turn it off?
9. Do you go to bed grateful to God for the day and what He accomplished?
10.Are you anxious for nothing, but trusting God with everything?
When your mind is renewed, it will desire and seek out the things of God. If you are not there yet, that’s okay! Just be on the journey. Keep making wise choices. Keep spending time with God. Keep praising and learning and worshipping and reading God’s Word. You do your part, and He will be faithful to do His!
Psalm 16:7-9 says this:
“I will bless the Lord who has counseled me;
Indeed, my mind instructs me in the night.
I have set the Lord continually before me;
Becuase He is at my right hand, I will not be shaken.
Therefore my heart is glad and my glory rejoices;
My flesh also will dwell securely.”